This dish must be made with 5 organic ingredients from local foods for Kevin to bring in school. Friends and teachers in Kevin’s class loved it so much and it was voted to be the best dish on that day. Kevin’s mom would like to share it with everybody.
- 16 ounces organic penne pasta
- 1 medium organic leek, julienned
- 1 medium organic carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large head organic broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup organic sugar snap peas or snow peas ends trimmed
- Organic Celery trimmed and cut into pieces, sliced or julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Fried Tofu, Vegetarian Shrimp
- Soy sauce, salt and vegetarian seasoning, vegetarian stir fry sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add the leek in and wait until lightly browned, add carrots, and broccoli, adding water one to two tablespoons at a time to keep the vegetables from sticking. Stir fry for four minutes. Add the sugar snap peas and cook for two minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the garlic, ginger, cooked pasta with vegetables. In a small bowl, combine the salt, soy sauce and vegetarian seasoning. Pour over pasta mixture. Gently stir and cook another minute. Remove from the heat.
- In the separate pan, heat over medium high heat. Add the oil and add the tofu and vegetarian shrimp. Add little vegetarian stir fry sauce. Stir often about 3-5 minutes, add 1 teaspoon sesame oil, stir and turn off the heat. Remove the tofu, vegetarian shrimp from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Return the tofu, vegetarian shrimp to the pan (already have vegetable and pasta above). Mix well. Season with black pepper.